DPD Certificate renewal
The Data Protection Officer certification is valid for 3 years from the date of issuance of the certificate.
The renewal of the certificate must be requested prior to the expiration date indicated on the certificate.
Once the certificate is no longer valid, it will not be possible to request its renewal
DPD certification renewal process:
To process the renewal you must provide:
- Renewal form completed and signed (electronic or handwritten signature).
- Updated CV
- Proof of payment of the renewal fee
- Photocopy of your ID card (double-sided)
- Justification of the requirements for renewal
- Signed (electronic or handwritten signature)Code of Ethics and rules of use of the certificate mark.
- List of the claims for eficient actions in the DPD activity that have been presented during the period of validity of the initial certification. In the event that no complaint has been submitted to you, you must submit a statement indicating this.
Requirements for renewal
To proceed with the renewal of the DPD certificate, the candidate must justify:
- At least 15 hours of training per year with a minimum total of 60 hours of training in subjects covered by the Scheme programme during the period of validity of the certificate.
In the event that it is not possible to justify the minimum annual training required, it is permitted to complete the training in one of the other two remaining years provided that the total of 60 hours of training is reached.
Please note that recognised training will not be valid for the certification exam. The training must be an update of the knowledge included under the headings of the AEPD-DPD scheme.*At least one year of professional experience related to the functions of DPD and/or information security.
How should it be justified?
The training certificate must be provided, which must state:
- Training organisation providing the course
- Title of the training
- Start and end date of the course
- Number of hours of the course
- Syllabus (must be related to the syllabus of the AEPD-DPD scheme and must be an update of your knowledge)
- Format (classroom or online)
*If you have given one or more training courses, you must provide a certificate stating the identification of the certified DPO as a teacher, the number of hours of the course and the subject matter of the course. At this point it should be taken into consideration that if the same course is given several times, it will only be counted once.
To prove this point you must provide :
- Employer's report, assignment contract or certificate from the client companies describing the functions performed. It must contain the start date of the activity, type of dedication (working day and/or hours dedicated) and the signature of the third party.
*The calculation will be based on an annual working day of 225 days and 8 hours of dedication per day.
- Updated work life report.
DPD Renewal + Name and Surnames
- ES86 2100 3462 9922 0022 3204
- *In the event of withdrawal of the application or non-compliance with the prerequisites, the administrative costs of 30 euros will be deducted from the fees to be refunded.
After the assessment of the application and the documentation provided, if deficiencies are detected that prevent the renewal of the certification, they will be communicated in writing to the applicant indicating that he/she has a period of 90 days to correct them. If after this period the deficiencies have not been corrected, the applicant will be declared as not renewed, he/she will be informed of this and the certificate will be withdrawn.
If after the assessment it is concluded that the requirements for the renewal of the certification are met, the candidate will be informed and a new certificate will be issued with the same personal number assigned in the first certification and the period of validity.